What to report
Blastomycosis (Blastomyces dermatitidis) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
- Information for Healthcare Professionals about Blastomycosis, CDC
Information from CDC on blastomycosis including clinical features.
How to report blastomycosis
- Blastomycosis Report Forms
There is one form for reporting human blastomycosis cases, and one form for veterinary cases.
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about blastomycosis
- Blastomycosis (Blastomyces dermatitidis)
MDH comprehensive blastomycosis resource page.