What to report
Botulism (Clostridium botulinum) must be reported to MDH immediately 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Botulism (Clostridium botulinum) 2011 Case Definition
Case definition from CDC's National Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (NNDSS). Attention: Non-MDH link
How to report Botulism
- Call 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414 immediately to report Botulism.
24-7 Phone Reporting
This disease must be reported immediately by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Botulism
- Botulism (Clostridium botulinum toxin)
Information on Botulism.