Reporting Cat Scratch Disease
(Infection Caused by Bartonella species)
What to report
Cat scratch disease (infection caused by Bartonella species) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
How to report cat scratch disease
- Yellow Disease Report Card
Cat scratch disease may be reported using the MDH "Yellow Card."
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Cat Scratch Disease
- Cat Scratch Disease (Bartonella henselae)
MDH comprehensive cat scratch disease resource page.