Reporting Chlamydia trachomatis infection
Lab-confirmed cases of Chlamydia trachomatis must be reported to MDH within one working day.
Note: Suspect cases of Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV), caused by three subtypes of Chlamydia trachomatis, should be coordinated by the MDH Public Health Laboratory to facilitate submission of diagnostic specimens. Please contact (651) 201-5257 for further information.
- STD Confidential Case Report Card
This disease may be reported using the MDH STD Confidential Case Report Form.
- Do not use the "Yellow Card" to report Chlamydia cases.
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
- Frequently Asked Questions about STD Reporting
MDH fact sheet on STD reporting.
- Communicable Disease Rule, Chapter 4605: with Notations Pertaining to Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- STD/HIV Partner Services Program
A brochure designed for health providers, information is provided about the program that assists HIV or STD infected persons notify their partners about their potential exposure. The brochure may be downloaded for duplication purposes.