Reporting Enteric Escherichia Coli Infection

On this page:
What to report
How to report
Who is required to report
Submitting clinical materials
Other reporting
More about Escherichia coli

What to report

E. coli O157:H7, other enterohemorrhagic E. coli, enteropathogenic E. coli, enteroinvasive E. coli, enterotoxigenic E. coli must be reported to MDH within one working day.

How to report enteric Escherichia coli infection

  • Foodborne Disease Reporting Form
    The Foodborne Disease Reporting Form can be used to report this disease.

  • Phone
    Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.

Who is required to report

Submitting clinical materials

For enteric Escherichia coli infection, submission of clinical materials (isolate, if available) to MDH is required by rule.

Other reporting: reporting suspected foodborne illness

  • Foodborne Illness Hotline
    MDH's foodborne illness hotline may be used by anyone to report a suspected case of foodborne illness.

    Your call to the hotline helps us identify foodborne illness outbreaks in Minnesota and will help prevent the spread of illness to others.

More about Escherichia coli O157:H7

see also>> Reporting Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome




Updated Friday, September 27, 2013 at 10:04AM