Reporting Ehrlichiosis - Minnesota Dept. of Health

Reporting Ehrlichiosis (Ehrlichia spp.)

The Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis agent was named Anaplasma phagocytophilum in 2003. (Note the genus change from Ehrlichia to Anaplasma.) See Reporting Anaplasmosis for more information about reporting Anaplasma phagocytophilum.

On this page:
What to report
How to report
Who is required to report

What to report

Ehrlichiosis (Ehrlichia spp.) must be reported to MDH within one working day.

How to report Ehrlichiosis

  • Tickborne Disease Case Report Form
    This form can be used to report anaplasmosis, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, Lyme disease, and spotted fever rickettsiosis (including typhus).

  • Phone
    Any disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414.

Who is required to report

  • Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
    • Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
  • Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.

More about Ehrlichiosis

see also>> Reporting Anaplasmosis

Updated Monday, 09-Jan-2017 07:40:27 CST