Reporting Legionellosis (Legionella spp.)
Legionellosis (Legionella spp.) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
- Legionellosis includes Legionnaire’s Disease and Pontiac Fever.
- Report all cases with positive Legionella spp. test results, including urine antigen, culture, paired serology, direct specimen DFA and direct specimen PCR.
- Report Legionellosis within 24 hours of the first positive Legionella spp. test result
- Legionellosis Case Report Form
This form is used to report Legionellosis (Legionella spp.) to the Minnesota Department of Health.
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
- When reporting on a Legionellosis Case Report Form, a Yellow Card (previously known as the "blue card") is not necessary.
For Legionellosis, submission of clinical materials (isolate, if available) to MDH is required by rule.
- Clinical Materials
Clinical materials must be submitted according to these guidelines.
- Legionellosis: Legionnaires' Disease and Pontiac Fever
MDH comprehensive legionellosis resource page.