What to report
Psittacosis (Chlamydophila psittaci) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
- Psittacosis Case Definitions, CDC
Case definition from CDC's National Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (NNDSS) for Psittacosis.
How to report Psittacosis
- Yellow Disease Report Card
This disease may be reported using the MDH "Yellow Card."
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Psittacosis
- Psittacosis (Chlamydophila psittaci, Chlamydia psittaci)
MDH psittacosis resource page.