Reporting Spotted fever rickettsiosis
(Rickettsia spp. infections, including Rocky Mountain spotted fever)
What to report
Spotted fever rickettsiosis (Rickettsia spp. infections, including Rocky Mountain spotted fever) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
How to report Spotted fever rickettsiosis
- Tickborne Disease Case Report Form
This form can be used to report anaplasmosis, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, Lyme disease, and spotted fever rickettsiosis (including typhus).
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about spotted fever rickettsiosis
- Spotted fever rickettsiosis
MDH Spotted fever rickettsiosis resource page.