Reporting Vibrio spp.
What to report
Vibrio spp. must be reported to MDH within one working day.
How to report Vibrio
- Foodborne (Enteric) Disease Reporting Form
The Foodborne (Enteric) Disease Reporting Form can be used to report this disease.
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Other reporting: reporting suspected foodborne and waterborne illness
- Foodborne and Waterborne Illness Hotline
MDH's foodborne and waterborne illness hotline may be used by anyone to report a suspected case of foodborne or waterborne illness.
Your call to the hotline helps us identify foodborne and waterborne illness outbreaks in Minnesota and will help prevent the spread of illness to others.
Submitting clinical materials
For Vibrio, submission of clinical materials (isolate, if available) to MDH is required by rule.
- Clinical Materials
Clinical materials must be submitted according to these guidelines.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Vibrio
- Vibrio Infection (Vibrio parahaemolyticus)
MDH comprehensive Vibrio resource page.