Reporting Yellow Fever
What to report
Yellow fever must be reported to MDH within one working day.
How to report Yellow fever
- Arboviral Disease Case Report Form
This form can be used to report chikungunya virus disease, Eastern equine encephalitis, Jamestown Canyon virus disease, La Crosse encephalitis, Powassan virus disease, St. Louis encephalitis, West Nile virus, Western equine encephalitis, yellow fever, Zika virus disease and other arboviral diseases.
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Yellow fever
- Yellow Fever (Yellow Fever Virus Infection), CDC
Information from the CDC on Yellow Fever.