Tick-Transmitted Disease Information for Health Professionals
June 12, 2014: Minnesota Laboratory System (MLS) Update
May 20, 2014: Tick-borne Disease Health Alert
- Tickborne Diseases of the United States: A Reference Manual for Health Care Providers (PDF: 5,828 KB/21 pages)
CDC Handbook. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- The Clinical Assessment, Treatment, and Prevention of Lyme Disease, Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis, and Babesiosis
Clinical Practice Guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- A Guide to Tick-Borne
Diseases in Minnesota
A chart showing Disease, Causative Agent, Incubation Period, Classic Clinical Presentation, Recommended Laboratory Tests, and Recommended Treatment.
- Diagnosis and Management of Tick-borne Rickettsial Diseases: Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Ehrlichiosis, and Anaplasmosis- United States (MMWR 2006)
CDC: Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: A Practical Guide for Physicians and Other Health-Care and Public Health Professionals. Attention: Non-MDH link.
Disease Statistics and Maps
Statistics and maps for Lyme disease in Minnesota and the United States.
Charts, graphs, and statistics for human anaplasmosis in Minnesota.
- Babesiosis Statistics
Statistics for Babesiosis in Minnesota.
MDH staff also are available to provide clinical consultation regarding diagnosis and treatment all tick-borne diseases. Call 651-201-5414 for a clinical consultation.
- Reporting an Infectious
Healthcare providers are required to report to the Minnesota Department of Health all confirmed or suspected cases of the following:
- Annual Summary of Disease Activity, Disease Control Newsletter
The DCN provides a yearly summary of communicable diseases reported in MN.
- Changing Geographic Range of Vector-Borne Disease
This article describes the changing epidemiology of tick-borne diseases in Minnesota.
More for Health Professionals:
- Human Anaplasmosis Information for Health Professionals
Clinical presentation, diagnostic tests and case definitions, treatment, guidelines, and required reporting information.
- Babesiosis Information for Health Professionals
Clinical presentation, supportive laboratory findings, diagnosis, treatment, and required reporting information.
Disease Information for Health Professionals
Guidelines, resources, and other clinical information; and required reporting information.
- Powassan Information for Health Professionals
Clinical presentation, diagnosis and required reporting information.