Vaccines for Adults
Information for adult patients about what vaccines they need, where to find them, and other common questions.
On this page:
What vaccines do adults need?
How do I know which vaccines I have and haven't already received?
Where can I get vaccinated?
What about paying for vaccines?
Where can I get more information?
- Adults Need Vaccines Too!
Information for adults on what vaccines they need.
- Adult Schedules
These documents give all the details on vaccines for adults.
- Adolescent and Adult Vaccine Quiz
This CDC questionnaire will give you a personalized list of the vaccines you might need. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Vaccinations for Adults (93KB/1 page)
This plain-language adult vaccine schedule is available in the following languages:
Attention: Non-MDH links
Arabic (PDF: 735KB/1 page)
Chinese (PDF: 403KB/1 page)
French (PDF: 331KB/1 page)
Korean (PDF: 469KB/1 page)
- For Travelers
Guidance on vaccines you might need before international travel.
- Immunization for Women Attention:
Guidelines for Vaccinating Pregnant Women Attention: Non-MDH link
Tdap Vaccine for Pregnant Women
Pregnant? Get a Flu Shot
Special recommendations for pregnant women regarding Tdap, influenza and other vaccines.
- Tips for Finding Immunization Records
Doctors’ offices, schools, military records, and immunization registries are all potential sources.
- If you have a medical home – a place you regularly receive health care – you are likely to be able to get any needed vaccines at that location. If not, your health care provider may refer you to a different clinic, a pharmacy, a retail location, or a local public health agency. If you don’t have a medical home, you can call your local public health agency for guidance or check the listings in the HealthMap Vaccine Finder below.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Adult Vaccine Clinics
You may qualify to receive certain vaccines free. Find a provider in your area using this clinic locator.
- Helping Your Adult Clients Pay for Vaccines (PDF: 306KB/4 pages)
The second page of this document contains a list compiled by the State of Michigan of vaccine manufacturer patient assistance programs. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Diseases Prevented by Vaccines
MDH has compiled information on diseases for which vaccines are routinely given in the United States.
- There Are Vaccines You Need as an Adult Attention:
- Vaccines.gov for Adults Attention:
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases - Adult Vaccination
Attention: Non-MDH links
- Reliable Sources of Immunization Information
Continue your vaccine education with these trusted nonprofit and public partners.