Vaccines for Adults
Information for adult patients about what vaccines they need, where to find them, and other common questions.
On this page:
What vaccines do adults need?
How do I know which vaccines I have and haven't already received?
Where can I get vaccinated?
What about paying for vaccines?
Where can I get more information?
- Adults Need Vaccines Too!
Information for adults on what vaccines they need.
- Adult Schedules
These documents give all the details on vaccines for adults.
- Adolescent and Adult Vaccine Quiz
This CDC questionnaire will give you a personalized list of the vaccines you might need. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Vaccinations for Adults (93KB/1 page)
This plain-language adult vaccine schedule is available in the following languages:
Attention: Non-MDH links
- For Travelers
Guidance on vaccines you might need before international travel.
- Guidelines for Vaccinating Pregnant Women Attention:
Tdap Vaccine for Pregnant Women
Pregnant? Get a Flu Shot
Special recommendations for pregnant women regarding Tdap, influenza and other vaccines.
- Tips for Finding Immunization Records
Doctors’ offices, schools, military records, and immunization registries are all potential sources.
- If you have a medical home – a place you regularly receive health care – you are likely to be able to get any needed vaccines at that location. If not, your health care provider may refer you to a different clinic, a pharmacy, a retail location, or a local public health agency. If you don’t have a medical home, you can call your local public health agency for guidance or check the listings in the HealthMap Vaccine Finder below.
- Find a Flu Shot
This clinic locator will help you find Minnesota community sites that provide influenza vaccine. It may offer options beyond those listed in the Vaccine Finder and features locations whose vaccination practices have earned the MDH Mark of Excellence.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Adult Vaccine Clinics
You may qualify to receive certain vaccines free. Find a provider in your area using this clinic locator.
- Helping Your Adult Clients Pay for Vaccines (PDF: 306KB/4 pages)
The second page of this document contains a list compiled by the State of Michigan of vaccine manufacturer patient assistance programs. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Diseases Prevented by Vaccines
MDH has compiled information on diseases for which vaccines are routinely given in the United States.
- CDC's Adults Need Vaccines Too! Attention:
- Vaccines.gov for Adults Attention:
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases - Adult Vaccination
Attention: Non-MDH links
- Reliable Sources of Immunization Information
Continue your vaccine education with these trusted nonprofit and public partners.