Does billing make sense for your practice?
Before you begin billing, your practice may want to consider whether or not you have the resources necessary to begin billing health plans. The following activities may be helpful in making this decision:
- Evaluating your practice’s current patient population receiving immunization services (i.e. patient insurance status, percent of population seeking immunizations at your clinic, etc.)
- Examining your practice’s current immunization billing capacity (i.e. financial considerations, software, personnel, etc.)
- Identifying your practice’s billing needs
- Performing a cost/benefit analysis to assess whether or not billing for immunization services will increase your revenue
- CDC: Immunization Billables Project
The national Immunization Billables Project is a CDC-funded effort to enable state and local health departments to bill health plans for immunization services provided to insured patients. The funds recovered through such billing programs can be used to expand and improve state and local immunization services. Attention: Non-MDH link