A Providers Guide to Immunizations in Minnesota
Laws help improve immunization rates
- Immunization Laws, Rules, and Regulations (PDF)
This section covers federal and state laws designed to ensure that people are protected against vaccine-preventable diseases.
Key Resources for Immunization Laws, Rules, and Regulations
- The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act / National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program website. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Vaccines for Children (VFC)
The CDC's Vaccines for Children website. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Minnesota Vaccines for Children (MnVFC)
Learn more about the MnVFC program, how to become a MnVFC provider, and program requirements.
- Minnesota’s Child Care and School Immunization Law
Information on Minnesota's immunization laws for children and adults enrolled in child care, school, and college settings.
- Sharing Immunization Data in Minnesota
Minnesota Statutes, Section 144.3351. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Developing Immunization Materials
Minnesota Statutes 121A.15. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Signed Consent to Vaccinate
Minnesota Statutes, Section 144.341, 144.342, 144.343, and 144.344
Attention: Non-MDH links
- Professional Responsibilities Defined by Minnesota Law
Links to professional associations and their responsibilities as defined by law. Attention: Non-MDH links
- Immunizations Required for Immigrants and Refugees
Resources on immigrant and refugee health from the CDC. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Guidance on national health information privacy standards under HIPAA. Attention: Non-MDH link
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
More about the federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Needlestick Prevention
Answers to frequently asked questions about bloodborne pathogens from the Office of Occupational Health and Safety. Attention: Non-MDH link