Contracts and Reimbursements
Information about contracts and reimbursement for IPI Program Advisors.
Contracts for clinic visits are included in the MDH Grant Project Agreement for Community Health Boards, which indicates that the individual counties are each functioning as independent contractors for the state of Minnesota. Under an IPI Program contract a local public health agency must complete the following tasks for their selected clinics:
- Contact appropriate clinic staff to schedule a clinic site visit.
- Send the clinic an appointment reminder and IPI Provider Questionnaire in advance of the scheduled visit.
- Conduct the site visit using the IPI Provider Questionnaire, IPI Clinic Checklist, and the appropriate Immunization Assessment from the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC).
- Provide the clinic with current immunization resources and documents including the Minnesota Vaccines for Children Program (MnVFC) Policies and Procedure Manual.
- All clinics enrolled in the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) must receive an Immunization Assessment.
- Following the site visit, send an individualized feedback letter to the clinic that addresses all required issues and practice change recommendations.
- Provide summary information regarding each site visit by submitting fully completed, required forms to MDH.
- Comply with all federal and Minnesota data privacy statutes in collecting, maintaining, and submitting data to the state. For more information on data privacy statutes, see Immunization Data Sharing and HIPAA, Immunization Assessment Data Collection Confidentiality Agreement, and HIPAA and Public Health Site Visits: Access to Patient Records during AFIX and VFC Visits (PDF:727KB/81 pages). Please note: The HIPAA and Public Health Site Visits section starts on page 40 of the PDF. Attention: Non-MDH link
IPI Program contracts are re-signed yearly. If you are unsure, if your agency has submitted a contract or if you have any general questions regarding the contracts, contact the contract manager at 651-201-5562.
MDH may either complete clinic visits or accompany a local agency on an IPI visit for the following reasons:
- The clinic has known issues or concerns regarding the MnVFC program.
- The clinic is refusing a visit from local public health or you are having a difficult time scheduling an appointment.
- The clinic is a part of the Tribal Health/Indian Health Services.
- $300 for a MnVFC site visit to an enrolled provider to complete the IPI Provider Questionnaire, the Clinic Checklist, follow-up on identified issues and appropriate submission of the Follow-up form, and the Visit Cover Sheet, including visits completed in conjunction with MDH staff. If the MDH staff alone completes the site visit, the county/agency will not be reimbursed.
- $150 for a visit to an enrolled provider to complete an Immunization Assessment, including visits completed in conjunction with a MDH staff person. This visit can be completed in conjunction with the MnVFC site visit or separately. If the MDH staff alone completes the site visit, the county/agency will not be reimbursed.
- $150 for a follow-up visit to the site to complete the Visit Cover sheet and Follow-up form when there is a need to address significant multiple clinic issues (storage and handling problems, no written policies/procedures for ordering vaccine, vaccine disaster plan for power outages, no anaphylaxis protocol). This only applies when the county/agency is not able to address all identified issues during the original site visit and it includes visits completed in conjunction with a MDH staff person. If the MDH staff alone completes the follow-up site visit, the county/agency will not be reimbursed.
- $100 for an educational visit to the clinic site to complete the Educational Visit form, which has had approval by the Regional IPI Coordinator prior to the date of the clinic visit. If the MDH staff person alone completes the site visit, the county/agency will not be reimbursed.
MDH will reimburse participating counties only after we receive ALL appropriate forms and reports. Forms sent in with wrong or missing data may delay the reimbursement. All reimbursements are done through an electronic transfer of money. Your county/agency IPI contact person will receive an e-mail notification of the reimbursement.
|Quarter||To be Reimbursed for:||Forms need to be into the MDH by:|
|1st Quarter||October - December||January 14, 2011|
|2nd Quarter||January - March||April 8, 2011|
|3rd Quarter||April - June||July 8, 2011|
|4th Quarter||July - September||October 14, 2011|
Forms and letters can be found in Forms and Tools
If immunization assessment conducted:
• Immunization Assessment Provider Summary
MDH keeps track of what clinics have been visited when and compiles the findings of the questionnaires, checklists, and CoCASA reports (if applicable) for summary reports required by CDC. These complied findings are not clinic-specific.
Questions on reimbursement? See Contact Information for who to contact.