Immunization Practices Improvement Program
The Immunization Practices Improvement (IPI) program is a component of the Immunization Program at the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). The goal of the IPI program is to help ensure that all eligible individuals receive viable vaccine at low or no cost.
MDH contracts with local public health departments to provide IPI services in their community. IPI advisors complete site visits at MnVFC-enrolled sites in their city or county. Visits ensure enrolled sites meet the following objectives:
- Adhere to MnVFC eligibility and programmatic requirements.
- Manage vaccines according to current recommended immunization guidelines to ensure proper storage and handling and minimal waste.
- Administer and document vaccines according to current recommended immunization guidelines.
By merging key aspects of the immunization program at the provider level – vaccine management and vaccine accountability – we are able to improve immunization practices and accessibility.
- IPI Advisor Site Visit Materials
All of the forms IPI advisors need to complete MnVFC site visits.
- IPI Program Resources
Links to the 2017 IPI Advisor Manual as well as other resources and tools that may be helpful to IPI advisors.
- Contracts and Reimbursements
Contract and reimbursement details for IPI advisors.
- Contact Information
Contact numbers and names for MDH IPI program staff and vaccine pharmaceutical companies.