MnVFC Announcements (Broadcast Faxes)
Time-sensitive memos sent to all MnVFC health care providers, via a broadcast fax and/or email. Here is an archive of recent announcements, with links to related MDH topics.
Subscribe to MnVFC Announcements
Get an email alert when a new announcement is sent and posted here.
January 24, 2018
- Reminder: 2018-19 MnVFC pediatric influenza orders due Jan. 31 (PDF)
Reminder for MnVFC site to submit prebook influenza vaccine orders.
January 17, 2018
- 2018-19 MnVFC pediatric influenza vaccine orders due January 31 (PDF)
Announcement for sites to prebook influenza vaccine for the 2018-19 season.
January 4, 2018
- Hold on MDH vaccine shipments due to cold weather (PDF)
MnVFC and UUAV vaccine shipments on hold because of extremely cold temperatures.
December 20, 2017
- New federal VFC requirements begin in 2018 (PDF)
Reminder of new requirements starting in 2018.
December 6, 2017
- Holiday shipping holds reminder (PDF)
Reminder of vaccine shipping schedule around the holidays.
November 28, 2017
- New vaccine management features in MIIC (PDF)
Information about the new nonviable vaccine reporting feature and Doses Administered by Eligibility Report in MIIC.
November 13, 2017
- Holiday shipping holds and annual reports reminder (due Nov. 30) (PDF)
Information about shipping schedules around the holidays and a reminder that annual reports are due Nov. 30.
November 7, 2017
- Review of vaccine temperature monitoring requirements (PDF)
Information on vaccine temperature monitoring, including requirements for MnVFC sites.
September 28, 2017
- Vaccine ordering menu changes in MIIC (PDF)
Information on changes to the vaccine ordering menu in the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC).
September 27, 2017
- Annual re-enrollment due Nov. 30 and new federal VFC requirements (PDF)
Information on required reports and trainings, new federal requirements for 2018, and MnVFC website updates.
August 1, 2017
- MnVFC 2017-18 flu vaccine (PDF)
Update on shipping of MnVFC flu vaccine and tips to get ready for flu season.
July 24, 2017
- Vaccine orders not saved in MIIC (PDF)
Notification that vaccine orders placed in MIIC between 8 a.m. on July 20, 2017, and 8 a.m. on July 21, 2017, were not saved.
June 28, 2017
- Returning expired influenza vaccine (PDF)
Steps for returning expired MnVFC influenza vaccine. Do not return vaccine before the expiration date.
June 8, 2017
- Influenza vaccine expiration dates (PDF)
Check expiration dates of influenza vaccine in your storage unit.
May 31, 2017
- Excursions and out-of-range temperatures (PDF)
Reminder of steps to take for a temperature excursion.
May 18, 2017
- Shipping confirmation emails working again (PDF)
Notification that vaccine shipping confirmation emails are working again.
May 16, 2017
- Protect your vaccine from severe weather (PDF)
Reminder to have an Emergency Vaccine Management Plan.
May 4, 2017
- Measles outbreak update and MMR vaccine (PDF)
Information for MnVFC providers on MMR vaccination recommendations and ordering during the measles outbreak in Minnesota.
April 24, 2017
- Measles outbreak and MMR vaccine (PDF)
Information for MnVFC providers on MMR vaccination recommendations and ordering during the Hennepin County measles outbreak.
April 21, 2017
- Quadracel vaccine available for ordering May 1 (PDF)
Notification that sites can order Quadracel vaccine starting May 1, 2017.
March 7, 2017
- New requirement: Back-up data logger required January 2018 (PDF)
Information for MnVFC providers about a new requirement starting January 2018 to have a data logger as your back-up temperature monitoring device.
January 25, 2017
- Reminder: 2017-18 MnVFC Influenza Vaccine Orders Due Friday, Jan. 27 (PDF)
Reminder for MnVFC providers to submit their influenza vaccine prebook orders.
- 2017-18 prebook is now closed.
January 12, 2017
- 2017-18 MnVFC Pediatric Influenza Vaccine Orders Due Jan. 27 (PDF)
Notification that sites can order influenza vaccine for the 2017-18 season.
- 2017-18 prebook is now closed.