MnVFC Broadcast Faxes
Periodically, time-sensitive memos are sent to all MnVFC health care providers, via a broadcast FAX. Here is an archive of recent broadcast FAX announcements, with links to related MDH topics.
Subscribe to MnVFC Broadcast Fax Updates
Get an email alert when a new Broadcast Fax is sent.
January 28, 2013
- 2014-15 MnVFC Pediatric Flu Orders - Due January 31 (PDF: 109KB/2 pages)
Prebook order form for flu vaccine. If you already submitted your order, please disregard this message.
January 15, 2013
- 2014-15 MnVFC Pediatric Influenza Vaccine Orders due January 31, 2014 (PDF: 114KB/3 pages)
Prebook order form for flu vaccine.
December 20, 2013
- HPV Recall (PDF:49KB/1 page)
Notification of a voluntary recall for one lot of Gardasil vaccine.
December 20, 2013
- MnVFC Updates (PDF: 95KB/1 page)
Announcement of the availability of the annual provider agreement, reporting forms, policies and procedures manual, and new online training.
December 13, 2013
- Reminder of Holiday Shipping Holds and Availability of Influenza Doses (PDF: 161KB/2 pages)
Information about delays in shipping due to extremely cold temperatures and the holidays, and instructions for ordering additional doses of flu vaccine for the current (2013-14) influenza season.
November 19, 2013
- MedImmune's FluMist Replacement Program (PDF: 89KB/1 page)
Instructions for returning and/or replacing FluMist vaccine provided by MDH.
November 8, 2013
- Sanofi Vaccine Supply Update and Vaccine Shipping Reminders (PDF: 101KB/1 page)
Supply information for Daptacel (DTaP), Adacel (Tdap), and Pentacel (DTaP-IPV-Hib) and a reminder to plan accordingly for vaccine shipping delays because of weather and upcoming holidays.
November 4, 2013
- Changes to the MHCP Adult Vaccine Program (PDF: 42KB/1 page)
Reminder to immunization providers and billers that starting January 1, 2014 MDH will no longer supply adult vaccine for Minnesota Health Care Plan (MHCP) recipients and recommended steps to prepare for this change.
November 1, 2013
- Check your MnVFC thermometer expiration dates (PDF: 113KB/1 page)
Reminder to check and replace expired thermometers.
October 24, 2013
- Sanofi Vaccine Supply Updates (PDF: 50KB/1 page)
Updates on Sanofi vaccine supply for MnVFC providers.
October 4, 2013
- Vaccine ordering is back and New packing slips (PDF: 136KB/1 page)
Announcement that providers can start ordering again and to be aware of new packing slips with MDH vaccine shipments.
September 18, 2013
- Delays (PDF: 115KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers about a delay in vaccine ordering, and a delay in the collection of reports and forms.
August 20, 2013
- MnVFC Vaccine Supply (PDF: 159KB/1 page)
Information about Daptacel (DTaP), Pentacel (DTaP-IPV-Hib), and ActHIB (Hib) allocations.
August 5, 2013
- MnVFC 2013-14 Influenza Vaccine (PDF: 47KB/1 page)
Announcement that 2013-14 influenza vaccine will begin shipping to MnVFC providers in early August.
August 2, 2013
- MnVFC Vaccine Supply Updates (PDF: 40KB/1 page)
Updated information on the Pediarix, Pentacel, and ActHIB vaccine supply for MnVFC.
June 13, 2013
- Returning nonviable MnVFC influenza vaccine (PDF: 117KB/2 pages)
Instructions for returning MnVFC flu vaccine, including using the Nonviable MDH Vaccine form.
June 6, 2013
- Pentacel Allocation (PDF: 89KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers regarding the availability of small allocations of Pentacel vaccine (DTap-IPV-Hib). If you are interested in receiving Pentacel, please let us know via an online form.
May 16, 2013
- Vaccine Ordering in MIIC Updates (PDF: 71KB/1 page)
Instructions for enrolling to order vaccine using the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) and other tools that can assist with using MIIC effectively.
April 29, 2013
- MDH Proposing Changes to MN School and Child Care Immunization Law (PDF: 123KB/3 pages)
Overview of the proposed changes to the Minnesota School and Child Care Immunization law. Includes instructions for commenting.
April 23, 2013
- Limited availability of Pediarix vaccine (PDF: 95KB/1 page)
Information on the newly instated allocation limits of Pediarix brought on by the Pentacel shortage.
April 11, 2013
- Protect Your Vaccine from Severe Weather (PDF: 112KB/1 page)
Reminder to review your procedures to protect vaccine supply during storms, floods or power outages.
March 28, 2013
- Pentacel Vaccine Shortage Continues: Delay until June 2013 (PDF: 111KB/1 page)
Pentacel vaccine (DTap-IPV-Hib) will not be available until at least June 2013.
March 7, 2013
- Vaccine Ordering Updates (PDF: 113KB/1 page)
Blackout dates for vaccine orders and a reminder about vaccine ordering in MIIC.
February 28, 2013
- MnVFC Pediatric Influenza Vaccine Orders - Due Friday, March 1 (PDF:162KB/2 pages)
Memo to remind MnVFC providers to order influenza vaccine for the 2013-2014 influenza season.
- Online: closed
February 19, 2013
- MnVFC Pediatric Influenza Vaccine Orders - Due March 1, 2013 (PDF:168KB/3 pages)
Memo to MnVFC providers with information on ordering influenza vaccine for the 2013-2014 influenza season.
- Online: closed
February 13, 2013
- Childhood Immunization Champion Nominations Needed (PDF:123KB/1 page)
Information for MnVFC providers about the CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award. Nominations are now being accepted.
February 6, 2013
- Additional Flu Vaccine Available for MnVFC-eligible children (PDF:120KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers about ordering additional influenza vaccine for the current flu season.
January 9, 2013
- Information for MnVFC providers about influenza vaccine availability has been updated. Please see:
Got Your Shots? Special Edition January 2013 (PDF:124KB/1 page)
December 20, 2012
- MnVFC allowable vaccine administration fee increasing to $21.22 (PDF:152KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers about a change to the allowable vaccine administration fee as of Jan. 1, 2013.
December 3, 2012
- MDH Vaccine Ordering in MIIC (PDF:150KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers about availability to order vaccine online through the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC).
November 19, 2012
- MedImmune's FluMist replacement program for the 2012-13 season (PDF:113KB/1 page)
Information for MnVFC providers on getting expired FluMist replaced at no charge through the MedImmune FluMist replacement program.
November 13, 2012
- MnVFC Vaccine Shipping Reminders (PDF:249KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers with a reminder that vaccine orders and shipments will not be processed on certain days around the upcoming holidays.
October 23, 2012
- Memo: Updated Best Practices for Vaccine Storage and Handling (PDF:47KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers with information on updated best practices for vaccine storage and handling.
October 8, 2012
- Memo: Turn off alarm on thermometers before mailing for recalibration (PDF:118KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers with a reminder to turn off the alarm on the front of thermometers before mailing them to MDH for recalibration.
October 1, 2012
- Memo: Shortage of Pentacel Vaccine: Allocations Decrease to 10% (PDF:144KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers with new information about the continued shortage of Pentacel vaccine and a decrease in allocations.
September 25, 2012
- Memo: UPDATE to Pertussis Vaccination Recommendations (PDF:72KB/2 pages)
Updated memo to MnVFC providers with recommendations for vaccinating children, adolescents and adults with pertussis-containing vaccine and for responding to a pertussis outbreak.
September 11, 2012
- Memo: CDC-Required Eligibility Change - October 1, 2012 (PDF:128KB/2 pages)
Memo to MnVFC providers about a new CDC policy that changes MnVFC eligibility starting October 1, 2012.
August 31, 2012
- Memo: Important changes to vaccine ordering coming soon! (PDF:117KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers about upcoming changes to ordering vaccine from MDH.
July 31, 2012
- Memo: Summary of Pertussis-containing Vaccine Recommendations - Please refer to Sept. 25, 2012, updated guidance
Memo to MnVFC providers with guidance on current routine recommendations for vaccinating children, adolescents and adults with pertussis-containing vaccine and for responding to a pertussis outbreak.
July 23, 2012
- Memo: MnVFC Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (PDF:224KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers with information on seasonal influenza vaccine for the 2012-13 flu season.
June 29, 2012
- Memo: Returning nonviable MnVFC influenza vaccine (PDF:147KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers with steps to follow when returning nonviable influenza vaccine.
June 8, 2012
- Memo: Office of the Inspector General VFC Report (PDF:43KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers about the recent Office of the Inspector General VFC report and information on proper vaccine storage and handling practices.
April 30, 2012
- Memo: Request for Comments on possible School and Child Care Immunization Law changes (PDF:111KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers with information about possible changes to the Immunization Law and the opportunity to submit comments.
April 24, 2012
- Memo: Shortage of Pentacel Vaccine (PDF:115KB/1 page)
Please refer to the Oct. 1, 2012, fax for updated information
Memo to MnVFC providers about a shortage of Pentacel vaccine (DTaP-IPV-Hib).
April 17, 2012
- Memo: Changes to vaccines available through MDH for adults on Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP)
Information for providers about vaccines that are now available through MDH for MHCP adults.
April 3, 2012
- Memo: MnVFC Eligibility Change Starting July 1, 2012 (PDF:61KB/2 pages)
Memo to MnVFC providers about the upcoming eligibility changes to the MnVFC program. These changes only affect underinsured children (children whose insurance plan does not cover the cost of vaccine).
March 7, 2012
- Memo: MnVFC Pediatric Flu Vaccine Orders - Due Friday (PDF:107KB/2 pages)
Reminder for MnVFC providers that flu pre-book ends on Friday, March 9. Instructions for ordering influenza vaccine are also included.
February 27, 2012
- Memo: MnVFC Pediatric Influenza Vaccine Orders - Due March 9, 2012 (PDF:163KB/3 pages)
Memo to MnVFC providers with information on ordering influenza vaccine for the 2012-2013 influenza season.
February 7, 2012
- Memo: Childhood Immunization Champion Award Deadline Extended (PDF:125KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers that the Childhood Immunization Champion Award deadline has been extended to Feb. 17.
February 1, 2012
- Memo: MnVFC Eligibility Change (PDF:56KB/2 pages)
Information about eligibility changes for the MnVFC program.
January 25, 2012
- Memo: Childhood Immunization Champion Nominations Needed (PDF:126KB/1 page)
A reminder for MnVFC providers that nominations for the CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award are due Feb. 10.
January 10, 2012
- Memo: Childhood Immunization Champion Nominations Needed (PDF:107KB/1 page)
Memo to MnVFC providers about the new CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award and information on submitting nominations.