National Infant Immunization Week (NIIW)
April 18 - 25, 2015
An annual observance to highlight the importance of protecting infants from vaccine-preventable diseases and celebrate the achievements of immunization programs and their partners in promoting healthy communities.
- Protect your little sluggers. Get them vaccinated! - Public Service Announcement
This public service announcement features Brian Duensing of the Minnesota Twins talking about the importance of infant immunization. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Vaccinate your baby: Video FAQs
These videos provide answers to frequently asked questions from experts in the fields of immunization and autism. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Shot By Shot: Stories of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
View real stories about vaccine-preventable diseases from the people who have been touched by them. This site is a project of the California Immunization Coalition. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Immunization stories
Minnesota parents share personal stories about why they feel immunizations are important.
- For Parents: Vaccines for Your Children
A website specifically for parents from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with information on vaccines and parent-friendly immunization schedules. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Vaccine Information You Need
Immunization information for parents from the Immunization Action Coalition. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Vaccinate your baby
Information about vaccines including videos of experts answering common questions about immunization. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Moms Who Vax
This blog offers stories from parents who have decided to vaccinate their children. Attention: Non-MDH link
Order free immunization posters from MDH to hang in waiting rooms, exam rooms, lobbies, etc.
NIIW Coloring Sheets
Print these coloring sheets for waiting rooms or other events. The sheets also include some infant immunization facts and resources.
- NIIW coloring sheet - giraffe (PDF: 176KB/2 pages)
- NIIW coloring sheet - caterpillar (PDF: 163KB/2 pages)
Immunization Word Search
Print this immunization word search game for waiting rooms or other events. The sheet also includes additional immunization facts and resources.
Images for waiting room monitors
These images can be added to monitors or digital displays in clinic waiting rooms to promote infant immunization.*
- Love them. Protect them. Immunize them. (JPEG:3.65MB/1 page)
- Vaccinate on time, every time. (JPEG:3.43MB/1 page)
- Keep them safe. Vaccinate! (JPEG:4.66MB/1 page)
- Shots protect your child and other children in the community (JPEG:3.46MB/1 page)
- Concerned about the cost of shots? (JPEG:7.02MB/1 page)
- Parents and grandparents! (JPEG:4.16MB/1 page)
- Give them a hand (JPEG:5.15MB/1 page)
- Expecting a baby? (JPEG:4.88MB/1 page)
- Get your questions answered (JPEG:3.61MB/1 page)
*Note: These are large files, so they may take longer to download. You can also save the files and open them in another program. To save an image, right click on the link and select "Save Target As..."
- Making the CASE for Vaccines: Communicating about Vaccine Safety
This webinar from the VIC Network features Alison Singer, founder and president of the Autism Science Foundation, discussing strategies for talking to parents about vaccines and autism and some of the new work being done to find the cause of autism. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Talking About Vaccines
This site from the Immunization Action Coalition provides resources, websites and journal articles related to vaccine safety issues. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Provider Resources for Vaccine Conversations with Parents
Find fact sheets and flyers from CDC that can help inform your conversations with parents. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Too many vaccines? What you should know (PDF: 154KB/2 pages)
This document from the Vaccine Education Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia offers information help answer parent's questions about their child receiving multiple vaccines at a visit. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Immunization Information for Health Care Providers
A one-stop shop for immunization information and resources for health care providers from the Minnesota Department of Health.
CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award
- The CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award is an annual award that recognizes outstanding work in the area of childhood immunization.