MIIC and the Public
The Minnesota Immunization Information Connection is a system that stores electronic immunization records. MIIC helps make sure Minnesotans get the right vaccines at the right time. Updated 8/13
Download PDF version formatted for print:
MIIC and the Public (PDF: 275KB/1 page)
On this page:
What are the benefits of MIIC?
What information is in MIIC records?
Who can see the records in MIIC?
Do I need to sign up for MIIC?
What if I don't want to be in MIIC?
Have more questions?
- Keeps your vaccination information in one place. The information stays together even if you change doctors, lose paper records, or move to another city in Minnesota.
- Provides you with a copy of vaccination records. This can help you with requirements for school, child care, or employment. Contact MIIC at 800-657-3970 or 651-201-5503 for this information.
- Helps your provider know which shots are due. This helps avoid getting the wrong vaccine or the same vaccine twice.
- Makes it easier for your health care provider to send you reminders about vaccinations, if you want them.
MIIC records have information such as:
- Date of birth
- Contact information
- Parent or guardian’s name (to ensure correct identification)
- Vaccination history
- Medical reasons why someone should not have vaccines
Only health care workers who give vaccinations or people who are legally allowed to review vaccination records are able to use MIIC. This includes authorized staff who work at clinics, pharmacies, health departments, schools, child care facilities, and health insurance companies.
You do not need to do anything to be a part of MIIC. Most Minnesota clinics are already participating.
You can choose to not be part of MIIC. If you want to remove yourself or your children, call MIIC and we can help lock your records.
Contact us at 800-657-3970 or 651-201-5503.