Local Public Health and VOLAG Forum
Weaving Stronger Communities Together
A time to network and continue to support our vibrant and resilient refugee communities.
Thursday, January 25, 2018
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Shoreview Community Center, Shoreview Room
4580 Victoria St. N.
Shoreview, MN 55126
Who should attend
- Local Public Health – metro and out-state area
- Resettlement Agency (VOLAG) case managers and program managers
- Clinic staff providing health care for new refugee arrivals
- Community organizations supporting refugees to access health care
- Registration and Networking
- Welcome, Introductions, Updates and Announcements
- Following the Threads of Refugee Messaging, Framework & Practice
- The Art of Providing Cross-Cultural Primary and Mental Health Care
- The Layout of Extended Case Management Services
- The Workings of “Outbreak Response” in Refugee Communities
- Exercises: Refugee Health Orientation App
- Helping Families in Crisis: Supporting refugee families that are experiencing verbal or physical abuse, The Role of Child Protective Services in keeping families safe
- Weaving Together & Strengthening our Diverse Communities
Registration is full.
Lunch and CEUs provided.
For more information, please email Ellen Frerich or call 651-201-5414 and ask for someone from the Refugee and International Health Program.
Thanks to the Planning Committee Members from: Arrive Ministries, Dakota County Public Health, Hennepin County Public Health, Lutheran Social Services (Twin Cities & St. Cloud), International Institute of Minnesota, Nicollet County Public Health, and Stearns County Public Health
Local Public Health and VOLAG Forum Presentations
Presentations and handouts from the 2017 Forum