Local Public Health and VOLAG Forum
Refugees, Health Care, and Services
A time to network and focus on how we can best contribute
to the health and well-being of refugees.
January 25, 2017
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Shoreview Community Center
4580 Victoria St. N.
Shoreview, MN 55126
- Welcome and Refugee Health Program Update
- Refugee Health Care: Imagining Our Future
- Interpreters: A Bridge to Communication
- Housing: Bridging Landlords, VOLAGs & New Tenants
- Karen Chemical Dependency Collaboration: A Bridge to Better Health in the Community
- Speed Bridging: A Networking Activity
- Cross-Cultural Tensions: Bridging Difficult Conversations
Registration for this event is now closed.
For more information, please call 651-201-5414 and ask for someone from the Refugee and International Health Program.
Planning Committee for 2017 event: Lutheran Social Services, Minnesota Council of Churches, Nicollet County Public Health, St. Paul-Ramsey County Public Health, Stearns County Public Health, and MDH Refugee and International Health Program.
Local Public Health and VOLAG Forum Presentations
Presentations and handouts from the 2017 Forum