Minnesota Refugee Health Provider Guide
Provider guide: chapter five
- Hepatitis B (PDF)
During 2011, 8 percent of all refugees screened in Minnesota tested positive for hepatitis B infection.
- Recommended Doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine (PDF)
Specific doses of Recombivax HB (Merck) or Engerix-B (GSK) hepatitis B vaccine that should be administered for child and adult patients.
- What the Physician Can Do to Help the Child with Chronic Hepatitis B Virus Infection (PDF)
Although children with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection may follow many different clinical courses, these recommendations will help all of them maintain good health. Immunization Action Coalition.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Carrier: Pregnancy Report (PDF)
Clinics should report HBsAg-positive pregnant women within one working day of the knowledge of the pregnancy.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Birth Report (PDF)
Hospitals should report perinatal transmission of hepatitis B to MDH within 24 hours of birth using this form.
MDH viral hepatitis website with information on Hepatitis A, B, and C.
- Reporting Hepatitis
Hepatitis (all primary viral types including A, B, C, D, and E) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
- Reporting Hepatitis
- Minnesota Hepatitis B Perinatal Prevention Program
The Minnesota Department of Health recommends five strategies to prevent perinatal hepatitis B transmission.
- Immunization Action Coalition: Hepatitis B
A non-profit that works to increase immunization rates and prevent disease by creating and distributing educational materials for health professionals and the public that enhance the delivery of safe and effective immunization services.
- American Liver Foundation
A national, non-profit dedicated to the prevention, treatment and cure of hepatitis and other liver diseases.
- CDC Viral Hepatitis
Comprehensive information about Hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E.
- Traveler's Health - Yellow Book: Hepatitis B
The Yellow Book, published by CDC, provides health information for international travelers.
- National Digestive Disease Information Clearinghouse
Works to increase knowledge and understanding about digestive diseases among patients, health care professionals, and the general public.
- A Comprehensive Immunization Strategy to Eliminate Transmission of Hepatitis B Virus Infection in the United States Part I (PDF)
Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Part 1: Immunization of Infants, Children, and Adolescents. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, MMWR, December 23, 2005, 54(RR16).
- A Comprehensive Immunization Strategy to Eliminate Transmission of Hepatitis B Virus Infection in the United States Part II (PDF)
Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Part II: Immunization of Adults. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, MMWR, December 8, 2006, 55(RR16).