About the Center for Public Health Practice
The MDH Center for Public Health Practice helps to build capacity and improve performance of Minnesota's state and local public health system; section staff accomplish this by collaborating closely with local public health staff and MDH staff. The Center for Public Health Practice is located in the MDH Centers for Health Equity and Community Health.
Contact us if you would like to know more about:
- Supporting and consulting with the public health workforce statewide
- Working together at the state and local levels to build partnerships and evidence-based practice/policy (e.g., SCHSAC)
- Growing a culture of quality improvement
- Training and facilitating on performance management, strategic planning, and more
- Building a strong and resilient public health workforce
- Networking with peers at the annual Community Health Conference
- Partnering to increase health equity and the opportunity for health in all communities
- Writing and implementing community health improvement plans, strategic plans, and quality improvement plans
- Collaborating across sectors to bring together public health practice and practice-based research on systems and services
- Striving for excellence through national public health accreditation
The Center for Public Health Practice was formerly known as the MDH Office of Performance Improvement (OPI).