Community Health Improvement Planning: Adapting MAPP in Minnesota
|Presentation Slides (528KB / 17 pages)|
Note: You may need to download the Cisco WebEx player for .WRF files to view this webinar
|Steps in the Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) Process (58KB / 1 page)|
Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) is a strategic approach to community health assessment and community health improvement developed by the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO). It is one of the model approaches suggested in the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) standards for assessment and planning. This course will share lessons learned by three local health departments as they have adapted the MAPP process to their settings.
- Susan Brace-Adkins, Goodhue County
- Rachel Green, Quin Community Health Services
- Kathryn Richmond, Hennepin County
- Become familiar with the components of MAPP and how they relate to the components of Minnesota's local public health assessment and planning process.
- Learn where to find online resources on MAPP.
- Gain confidence for adapting MAPP to fit your community.
- PHAB Standards: Standards 1.1 and 5.2
- Public Health Core Competencies: Community Dimensions of Practice