Community Health Awards
About the Community Health Awards
The annual Community Health Awards recognize and acknowledge individuals or groups who make significant contributions to public health in Minnesota. Recognition of these accomplishments by elected officials and local and state public health staff is a long standing and honorable tradition of the annual Community Health Conference.
Recipients of the awards are nominated by their peers. Nominations are received for review and selection by the SCHSAC Awards and Nominating Workgroup. Awards are presented by the Commissioner of Health at the conference.
- September 26, 2013
MDH announces winners of 2013 Community Health Awards.
Awards honor public health partners for service on behalf of Minnesota's public health.
2013 Community Health Award Winners
|2013 Community Health Award recipients (L to R): Carol Schefers, Janelle Waldock (Raise it for Health), Barbara Schillo (Raise it for Health), Cleo Hartung (FATHER), Laura Waterman Wittstock, Lowell Johnson, Kathy Bystrom, Karen Nordstrom, Stefan Saravia.|
2013 Jim Parker Leadership Award (Learn more about this award)
- Lowell Johnson, Director, Washington County Public Health and Environment
2013 Jack Korlath Partnership Award (Learn more about this award)
- Stefan Saravia, Coordinator, Chemical Threat Preparedness, Minnesota Dept. of Health
2013 Commissioner's Award for Distinguished Service in Community Health Services (Learn more about this award)
- Carol Schefers, Public Health Nurse Director, Wright County Public Health
2013 Lou Fuller Award for Distinguished Service in Eliminating Health Disparities (Learn more about this award)
- Laura Waterman Wittstock, Author, Host, and Producer, First Person Radio (KFAI-FM, Minneapolis)
2013 Award for Outstanding Dedication to Local Public Health
(Learn more about this award)
- Karen Nordstrom, Councilmember, Bloomington City Council
2013 Certificates of Recognition (Learn more about this award)
- FATHER Project Team of St. Joseph's Area Health Services Community Health
- Raise it for Health Coalition
- Kathy Bystrom, Community Health Outreach Coordinator, Fairview Lakes Health Services