|2014 Award Nominations Due July 23, 2014|
Community Health Awards
The annual Community Health Awards recognize and acknowledge individuals or groups who make significant contributions to public health in Minnesota. Recognition of these accomplishments by elected officials and local and state public health staff is a long standing and honorable tradition of the annual Community Health Conference.
Recipients of the awards are nominated by their peers. Nominations are received for review and selection by the SCHSAC Awards and Nominating Workgroup. Awards are presented by the Commissioner of Health at the conference.
|2013 Community Health Award recipients (L to R):
Carol Schefers, Janelle Waldock (Raise it for Health), Barbara Schillo (Raise it for Health), Cleo Hartung (FATHER), Laura Waterman Wittstock, Lowell Johnson, Kathy Bystrom, Karen Nordstrom, Stefan Saravia.
- Jim Parker Leadership Award: For individuals or groups who have demonstrated significant statewide leadership in public health
2013 Awardee: Lowell Johnson, Washington County Public Health and Environment
- Jack Korlath Partnership Award: For individuals whose work has strengthened the state-local partnership
2013 Awardee: Stefan Saravia, MDH Chemical Threat Preparedness
- Commissioner's Award for Distinguished Service in Community Health Services: For individuals or groups who have contributed to advancement in the field of public health
2013 Awardee: Carol Schefers, Wright County Public Health
- Lou Fuller Award for Distinguished Service in Eliminating
Health Disparities: For individuals or groups who have made a significant contribution to the elimination of health disparities in Minnesota
2013 Awardee: Laura Waterman Wittstock, Author, Host, and Producer
- Award for Outstanding Dedication to Local Public Health: For individuals who have made a significant contribution to the promotion and implementation of local public health in Minnesota
2013 Awardee: Karen Nordstrom, Bloomington City Council
- Certificate of Recognition: For individuals or groups who have demonstrated a significant commitment to public health
FATHER Project Team, St. Joseph's Area Health Services
Raise it for Health Coalition
Kathy Bystrom, Fairview Lakes Health Services