Training & Tools
Training and Webinars: Find information on training, technical assistance, and webinars hosted by the MDH Center for Public Health Practice. This includes the Public Health Practice Training Sessions/Modules.
Public Health and Quality Improvement Toolbox: Use nearly 40 quality improvement tools, which give step-by-step instructions on using each tool to assess a situation, make a decision, and plan a project.
Resource Library for Advancing Health Equity in Public Health: This library allows local health departments to identify resources to best meet their needs from among a wide range of materials.
Center for Public Health Practice Publications and Handbooks: Find publications authored by the MDH Center for Public Health Practice. This page does not include meeting minutes and handouts. Frequently requested publications include:
- Public Health Interventions: Applications for Nursing Practice (The "Wheel" Manual) (PDF)
- Considerations for Shared Governance Structures (PDF)
- Public Health Leader Orientation and Resource Guide
- PHN Orientation and Resource Guide
- CHS Administrator Handbook
- Medical Consultant Handbook
- Common Public Health Organizations and Acronyms
Public Health Nurse Consultants: PHN Consultants offer consultation and technical assistance in a defined geographic area.
Technical Assistance from the Center for Public Health Practice: The MDH Center for Public Health Practice can help you with everyday business, workforce development, creating a QI culture, and more.
Community Health Conference: The Community Health Conference brings together state, tribal, local, and community public health practitioners on an annual basis.