Office of Rural Health and Primary Care
The Office of Rural Health and Primary Care promotes access to quality health care for all Minnesotans.
We work as partners with policymakers, providers, and rural and underserved urban communities to ensure a continuum of core health services throughout the state.
National Rural Health Day is Thursday, November 19
State of Minnesota's Rural Health Day Proclamation
Governor Mark Dayton has proclaimed Thursday, November 19, 2015, as Rural Health Day.
- Copy of the State of Minnesota Rural Health Day Proclamation
- HTML text of the State of Minnesota Rural Health Day Proclamation
Other ways to celebrate the day
Answer your phone on Thursday by saying, "Happy Rural Health Day!"
Participate in a full day of live events broadcast via the web on November 19. These events are free but you must register for them on the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) website.
- 11:30-12:00 PM EST – Press Conference & Live Webcast
(Introducing the Rural Health Information Hub - previously the Rural Assistance Center)
- 12:00-1:00 PM EST – AgriSafe: Healthier is Here
- 1:00-2:00 PM EST – Live Webcast: Rural Health Delivery System Reform
- 2:15-3:15 PM EST – Best Practices: Advocacy, Networks, and Workforce
- 3:30-4:30 PM EST – Federal Investments and Collaboration Models
- 4:30-5:45 PM EST – Collaborating to Meet the Healthcare Needs of Rural Veteran
Join the conversation by tweeting #powerofrural