Critical Access Hospital (CAH) staff can use the Survey Preparation Tool (WORD) to prepare for the Medicare resurvey conducted by the Minnesota Department of Health. It walks staff through the CAH Conditions of Participation in Appendix W to the State Operations Manual, provides tips, and lists additional resources.
Mock Survey Assistance
Minnesota Flex Program staff are available for a day-long personal visit to CAHs to conduct a mock survey, which generally consists of:
- Provision of general information about the Flex Program
- Discussion of the Conditions of Participation outlined in Appendix W of the State Operations Manua
- A walk-through of the CAH facility to identify areas needing correction
- Individual consultation with each department head regarding policies and environment relevant to their department
- Group time with key staff for questions and discussion.
To schedule a mock survey, contact Judy Bergh, Flex Program Coordinator, at 651-201-3843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.