Critical Access Hospital (CAH) staff can use the Survey Preparation Tool (PDF:78KB/25pgs) to prepare for the Medicare resurvey conducted by the Minnesota Department of Health. It walks staff through the CAH Conditions of Participation in Appendix W to the State Operations Manual, provides tips, and lists additional resources.
Mock Survey Assistance
Minnesota Flex Program staff are available for a day-long personal visit to CAHs to conduct a mock survey, which generally consists of:
- Provision of general information about the Flex Program
- Discussion of the Conditions of Participation outlined in Appendix W of the State Operations Manua
- A walk-through of the CAH facility to identify areas needing correction
- Individual consultation with each department head regarding policies and environment relevant to their department
- Group time with key staff for questions and discussion.
To schedule a mock survey, contact Judy Bergh, Flex Program Coordinator, at 651-201-3843 or email@example.com.