Minnesota Rural Public Health Nurse Loan Forgiveness Guidelines
Application materials: 2019 Rural Public Health Nurse Application
The Minnesota Health Care Loan Forgiveness program cycle will open November 1 and close on Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 4:00 pm CST.
This program is offered to registered nurses licensed in Minnesota who have obtained a registration certificate as a public health nurse from the Board of Nursing in accordance with Minnesota Rules, chapter 6316. A prospective participant must submit an application to the ORHPC during the open application cycle.
Selected participants shall provide direct patient care hours/client–centered services. Hours cannot be fulfilled meeting with providers, process improvement, policy development, supervising, or administering programs.
Full–time patient/client–centered services, may include:
- Patient/client health teaching and care coordination
- Provision of home care and/or hospice nursing services
- WIC assessment of nutritional and medical risk factors
- Long term care assessments and care coordination
- Family home visiting assessment of risk factors such as adverse childhood experience
- Immunizations and case management for persons with communicable diseases such as tuberculosis
- Counseling and medication management for family planning services
- Correctional health assessment and care coordination
- Care coordination for children with special health needs
- Other patient/client-centered services
ORHPC will make an annual payment to the participant in the amount of up to $5,000, not to exceed $20,000 total for the maximum four–year period or the balance of the designated loan(s), whichever is less subject to the availability of funds appropriated by the Minnesota State Legislature for the loan forgiveness program.