IMG Clinical Preparation Grant Program
Download grant application guidelines:
- Clinical Preparation Grant Program application guidelines (WORD: 12 pages)
- Clinical Preparation Grant Program application guidelines (PDF: 12 pages)
Minnesota Statutes Section 144.1911 authorizes the Commissioner of Health to award grants to support clinical preparation for Minnesota immigrant international medical graduates (IIMGs). A Minnesota IIMG is defined as an international medical graduate who:
- was born outside the United States,
- now resides permanently in the United States as a citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident,
- has resided in Minnesota for at least 2 years, and
- did not enter the United States on a J1 or similar nonimmigrant visa following acceptance into a United States medical residency or fellowship program.
Eligible applicants are programs and sponsors of clinical medical education or healthcare providers that fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Are located in Minnesota,
- Have a history of providing clinical medical education or clinical preparation, and
- Are willing to provide clinical preparation in primary care, including exposure to ambulatory and inpatient medicine in one or more of the following specialties: family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics, pediatrics, psychiatry and rural medicine.
Applications are due June 24.
For more information and assistance, contact:
Coordinator, IMG Assistance Program
Office of Rural Health and Primary Care
P.O. Box 64882
St. Paul, MN 55164-0882