Office of Rural Health and Primary Care
The Office of Rural Health and Primary Care promotes access to quality health care for all Minnesotans.
We work as partners with policymakers, providers, and rural and underserved urban communities to ensure a continuum of core health services throughout the state.
National Rural Health Day is Thursday, November 19
Ideas for celebrating
- Answer your phone by saying, "Happy Rural Health Day!"
- Issue a proclamation for your community or organization.
- Share your Community Success Story, photos or video.
- Write a letter to the editor or contact a local legislator to stress the importance of addressing the health needs of rural communities.
- Plan/host a community health fair.
- Give tours of your facilities.
- Display National Rural Health Day banners/posters.
- Link to National Rural Health Day website from your website.
- Have a “staff appreciation” luncheon.
More ideas are on the National Rural Health Day website.