National Rural Health Day, Nov 17
National Rural Health Day is celebrated the third Thursday of every November.
Rural communities are wonderful places to live and work. These communities also have unique healthcare needs which is why the National Organization of State Offices of Rural sets aside this day to celebrate rural health with all of its partners. First and foremost, National Rural Health Day is an opportunity to “Celebrate the Power of Rural” (#powerofrural) by honoring the community-minded, “can do” spirit that prevails in rural America. But it also gives us a chance to bring to light the unique healthcare challenges that rural residents face – and showcase the efforts of rural healthcare providers, State Offices of Rural Health and other rural stakeholders to address those challenges.
2016 Minnesota Governor's Rural Health Day Proclamation
- WHEREAS, Minnesota's rural communities are tight-knit places where people know each other and work together; and
- WHEREAS, Rural hospitals and health systems are often the largest employers and the economic foundation of rural communities and regions; and
- WHEREAS, Meeting the unique health care needs of Minnesota’s rural residents requires innovation and resourcefulness that reach beyond geographic boundaries and demographic challenges; and
- WHEREAS, Rural Minnesota's health professionals, hospitals, and clinics are dedicated to delivering high-quality and innovative care to underserved Minnesotans; and
- WHEREAS, Emergency medical services are crucial in rural Minnesota because time-critical, lifesaving care is needed across wide geographies and sparse populations with limited access to definitive critical care; and
- WHEREAS, on Thursday, November 17, 2016, National Rural Health Day will be celebrated throughout the United States.
- NOW, THEREFORE, I, MARK DAYTON, Governor of Minnesota, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 17, 2016, as Rural Health Day in the State of Minnesota.
- In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Minnesota to be affixed at the State Capitol this 17th day of November. Mark Dayton, Governor.
- Steve Simon, Secretary of State.
Community Stars 2016
2016 WebSights - Register Now!
Take the Pledge to Partner