National Rural Health Day is Thursday, November 19
State of Minnesota Proclamation
- WHEREAS, Minnesota is known for its tight-knit rural communities, where people know each other and work together; and
- WHEREAS, rural hospitals and health systems are often the largest employers in rural communities and regions; and
- WHEREAS, meeting the unique health care needs of Minnesota’s rural citizens requires creativity and resourcefulness that reaches beyond geographic boundaries or demographic challenges; and
- WHEREAS, greater Minnesota’s health professionals, hospitals and clinics are dedicated to delivering high-quality and innovative care to underserved Minnesotans; and
- WHEREAS, on Thursday, November 19, 2015, National Rural Health Day will be celebrated throughout the United States.
- NOW, THEREFORE, I, MARK DAYTON, Governor of Minnesota, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 19, 2015, as Rural Health Day in the State of Minnesota.
- In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Minnesota to be affixed at the State Capitol this 17th day of November. Mark Dayton, Governor.
- Steve Simon, Secretary of State.