J-1 Visa Waiver Process Questions and Answers

Question: How do I get more information on Minnesota Shortage designations?
Answer: Refer to the federal shortage area Web listings at:
Health Professional Shortage Areas
Medically Underserved Areas
and the Minnesota Department of Health's Web site for Health Professional Shortage Areas and Medically Underserved Areas in Minnesota.
Question: Where can I find a list of facilities located in shortage areas?
Answer: A list of facilities in shortage areas does not exist. However,
the Minnesota Department of Health Licensing and Certification page
and the Minnesota Hospital Association Web sites may provide some
facility information.
Question: Will the Minnesota Department of Health find me a job?
Answer: We do not do direct J-1 physician placement. We maintain
a database of available physicians and provide that
information to health care facilities on request.
Question: How do I start the process for the state 30 waiver?
Answer: Send your C.V. with cover letter to:
Lawrence Colaizy
Minnesota Department of Health
Office of Rural Health and Primary Care
P.O. Box 64882
St. Paul MN 55164-0882
Fax: (651) 201-3830

Return to J-1 Visa Waiver Home Page

Updated Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 12:28PM