J–1 visa waiver process questions and answers
1. How do I get more information on Minnesota Shortage designations?
You will find information about shortage designations at:
- Minnesota Department of Health's Office of Primary Care
- HPSA Find: Federal HRSA Data Warehouse
- MUA Find: Federal HRSA Data Warehouse: MUA Find
2. Where can I find a list of facilities located in shortage areas?
A list of facilities in shortage areas does not exist. However, the public may use the Minnesota Department of Health´s Health Care Provider Director webpage to locate Minnesota´s licensed, registered or certified health care providers, and the Minnesota Hospital Association's (MHA) Find a Minnesota Hospital or Health System webpage to find MHA member hospitals and health systems by name, city or county.
3. Will the Minnesota Department of Health find me a job?
The Minnesota Department of Health does not direct J–1 physician placement. MDH maintains a database of available physicians and provides that information to health care facilities on request. Contact the ORHPC Workforce Unit for that information.