Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace
As employers support new mothers, it's important to recognize workplace leaders who see the value to their businesses, their employees and the community.
Become a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace
The Minnesota Department of Health recognizes workplaces that have demonstrated their commitment to supporting breastfeeding mothers by creating a workplace lactation support program.
- Acknowledges your workplace’s commitment to supporting healthy families
- Allows you to reap the business benefits of supporting nursing mothers
- Provides an opportunity to promote your business to the community
Workplaces that fulfill the criteria for the Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace recognition will receive a printable electronic certificate, a digital logo for use on webpages or printed material, a sample media release and internal newsletter template. “Breastfeeding Friendly Recognized” window clings will be available for order. Workplaces that have demonstrated exceptional commitment to supporting and accommodating breastfeeding employees may be featured on the Minnesota Department of Health website.
How to be recognized as Breastfeeding Friendly
There is no charge to participate in this program.
1. Use the self-assessment checklist (PDF) to review the criteria for Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace recognition and help guide the development of your workplace lactation support program.
2. Apply for recognition as a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace (PDF). Applications for recognition as a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace are accepted at any time but are reviewed twice annually. Applications are due by Aug. 15 and Feb. 15 for review by the end of the following month.
Email questions about the recognition program or application process to email@example.com.