Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Program
Child care providers can play a critical role in supporting breastfeeding mothers and their babies.
Become a Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Facility
The Minnesota Department of Health recognizes family child care homes and child care centers that have taken steps to become breastfeeding friendly. We’ve provided these tools to help get you started on the path toward recognition:
- How to Become a Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Center (PDF)
- How to Become a Breastfeeding Friendly Family Child Care Home (PDF)
How to apply
Applications are available here:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The breastfeeding friendly designation is valid for three years; you need to reapply after your designation expires.
Child care programs that satisfy all the steps to become breastfeeding friendly will receive:
- A certificate to display
- Window clings identifying your program as breastfeeding friendly
- Posters of breastfeeding moms and babies
- Recognition on this web page
Email questions about the recognition program or application process to email@example.com.