Resources for Employers
Supporting Breastfeeding Women in the Workplace
The following resources introduce the basics of workplace lactation support and can guide you through the process of creating a lactation support program for your workplace.
Basics of Workplace Lactation Support
- The Business Case for Breastfeeding is a comprehensive resource for information about workplace lactation support, including resources for business managers, easy steps to supporting breastfeeding employees and a marketing guide.
- The Colorado Breastfeeding Coalition has several videos about the basics of accommodating breastfeeding women in the workplace
Beyond the Basics: Additional Resources
- Supporting Nursing Moms at Work: Employer Solutions provides examples of successful lactation support programs in a wide variety of industries
- The Business Case for Breastfeeding Toolkit has resources for building a lactation support program, including promotional flyers, table tents, a poster and an employee feedback form.
- The Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition maintains a page specifically for employers interested in supporting breastfeeding employees.
Sample Employer Breastfeeding Policies
- Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite Initiative: Policy Guidance Includes numerous examples of breastfeeding policies adapted from Texas businesses that have achieved "Mother-Friendly Worksite" designation
- The Business Case for Breastfeeding: Sample Policy for Supporting Breastfeeding Employees