Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis counties
- Emergency responders know that workplace wellness changes lives
With help from a SHIP workplace wellness collaborative in Itasca County, Meds-1, an emergency response organization in Grand Rapids, started efforts that helped employees be healthier and become community role models. Learn more.
- Follow the Moose for a Safe Route to School
They’ve been dubbed “Moose Routes,” but they didn’t get that designation because of the wild animals migrating through the area. These biking and walking paths got the name because they provide safe routes for kindergarten through 12th grade students traveling to Moose Lake Community School. Learn more.
- Workplace wellness collaborative provides employer solutions
Employers are asking themselves how they can support their workers’ health and well-being. At Kootasca Community Action, participating in a SHIP workplace wellness collaborative provided some answers. Learn more.
- Property management company’s new smoke-free policy protects thousands of Minnesotans
D.W. Jones, one of the largest property management companies in northern Minnesota, is taking steps to protect residents from the dangers of secondhand smoke. It worked with the American Lung Association and the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership to develop a new companywide smoke-free policy. Learn more.
Louise Anderson LouiseA@communityhealthboard.org
Annie Harala firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Leadership Team
- Diane Booth, Cook County Extension/Community Center
- Holly Butcher, City of Cloquet
- Timothy Caroline, ISD 97 Moose Lake
- Al Goodman, Lake County
- Mimi Stender, Healthy Duluth Area Coalition
- Drew Digby, Dept of Economic Development
- Pam Kramer, Local Imitative Support Coalition
- Cheryl Meld, McGregor Schools
- Jan Derdowski, Extension
- Jenell Feller, Occupational Development Center
- Betsy Johnson, Itasca County Extension
- Valerie Plackner, Grand Itasca Clinic/Hospital
- Elizabeth Dohnanskey, Cloquet Public Schools
- Dave Dailey, Mesabi Range Community and Technical College
- Anita Provinzino, HRA of Hibbing
- Kim Pearson, Essentia East St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Jenny Peterson, Generations
- Dr. Tom Clifford, Carlton-Cook-Lake-St. Louis CHB