“I Want to Try a New Vegetable Three Times a Week!”
“I want to try a new vegetable three times a week!” exclaimed one of the youngsters attending the Familias Saludables Divirtiendose (Healthy Families Having Fun) class series.
In the spring of 2012, Sherburne County SHIP wrapped up a three part class, Familias Saludables Divirtiendose (Healthy Families Having Fun) in partnership with the Big Lake Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) and English as a Second Language (ESL)/Family Literacy programs.
“My work in the Hispanic and Latino population with individual families taught me that some of the basic obesity education is not necessarily engrained in their culture,” recalled instructor Mary Zelenak, Sherburne County Public Health Nurse. “So we wrote a request to offer obesity education in our SHIP grant.”...more “I Want to Try a New Vegetable Three Times a Week!” (PDF: 434KB/1 page)
- Matt Jackson, email@example.com
Community Leadership Team
- Alicia Bauman, CentraCare Smoke Free Communities
- Mike Goebel, Big Lake Public Works/ Big Lake Park Advisory Board
- Judy Johnson, Elk River Area Schools- ISD 742
- Rachel Leonard, Sherburne County Commissioner
- Debbi Rydberg, Elk River Chamber of Commerce
- Brad Schnitzler, Big Lake School District- ISD 727
- Jon Sevald, Sherburne County Planning
- Mary Bauer, Central Minnesota Council on Aging