"An integrated network of public and private clinical laboratories working together to protect and improve the health of all Minnesotans"
MLS Education and Training Resources
On this page:
Meetings and Workshops
Education and Training Resources
Other CE and Competency Assessment Resources
- Saf-T-Pak Division 6.2 Materials Internet Training
- FedEx Dangerous Goods & Hazardous Materials Shipping
- UPS Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods Seminar
- ASM has a web portal, http://clinmicro.asm.org It is a one-stop site with a variety of information needed for the day-to-day work of diagnostic microbiologists and immunologists. The Clinical Microbiology portal brings together all of ASM’s clinical and external relevant content, including an events calendar, a live blog and expert advice Q & A.
- ASCLS Online Education These resources may be purchased through the ASCLS website, and include publications, CDs, and self-study materials eligible for P.A.C.E. credit.
- ASCP eCourses: Interactive Online Continuing Education
Each ASCP eCourse has CE on your time, anytime you like. The eCourses have short learning segments, and are only $7.50 per credit hour.
Six courses are available including: The Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute and the Microbiology Laboratorian: Putting Guidelines Into Practice.
- National Laboratory Training Network (NLTN) APHL offers a range of high-quality continuing education programs to strengthen the skills of laboratorians and promote excellence in laboratory practice. It sponsors education programs both independently and through the National Laboratory Training Network (NLTN). Participants can receive continuing education credits (PACE, CDC, etc.) for most APHL or NLTN programs.
- On-Demand Programs feature laboratory training available at your convenience, and at your own pace — anytime, anywhere! These programs include: on-line courses, “Laboratory Workshops To Go,” CD/DVDs, previously recorded teleconferences, and podcasts.
- CDC's DPDx Parasitology Training
The CDC’s Division of Parasitic Diseases offers hands-on training workshops, reference slides and CDs, online training courses, and archived case studies.
- Hazardous Materials Regulations
The Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) are issued by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration and govern the transportation of hazardous materials by highway, rail, vessel, and air. The HMR address hazardous materials classification, packaging, hazard communication, emergency response information and training.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
These free online courses are presented by FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute and meet emergency preparedness requirements for Joint Commission accreditation.
- IS-700.a: NIMS, An Introduction
This course introduces and overviews the National Incident Management System (NIMS). NIMS provides a consistent nationwide template to enable all government, private-sector, and nongovernmental organizations to work together during domestic incidents.
- IS-100.HCb Introduction to the Incident Command System for Healthcare/Hospitals
This course introduces the Incident Command System (ICS) as it applies to the healthcare/hospital environment and provides the foundation for higher level ICS training. This course describes the history, features and principles, and organizational structure of the Incident Command System. It also explains the relationship between ICS and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- IS-200.HCa Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations
This course is designed to enable healthcare/hospital personnel to operate efficiently during an incident or event within the Incident Command System (ICS). This course provides training on and resources for personnel who are likely to assume a supervisory position within the ICS.
- IS-700.a: NIMS, An Introduction
MediaLab Inc. has new online laboratory continuing education opportunities. $95/year gives you access to 47 different courses.
- MTS Lab
Building Competency in the Clinical Lab through assessments and other software based information.
- Public Health Foundation
The Public Health Foundation (PHF) is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to achieving healthy communities through research, training, and technical assistance. To order free and/or inexpensive resources in videotape and/or CD-ROM, please see the PHF Bookstore.
- Training for Health Care Providers, Law Enforcement and Emergency
Information provided by Minnesota Department of Health’s IDEPC (Infectious Disease, Epidemiology, Prevention and Control)
If you have additional education and training resources to post,
please e-mail email@example.com