Minnesota e-Health Assessment Reports, Factsheets and Briefs
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), in partnership with the Minnesota e-Health Initiative, is responsible for assessing e-health in a variety of settings and sharing the findings. This page contains reports, factsheets, and briefs that describe the adoption and use of electronic health records (EHRs) and other health information technology (HIT) and health information exchange. EHRs and other HIT are essential to improve health care quality and accessibility, increase patient safety, reduce healthcare costs and improve public health.
MN e-Health Profile: Background and Methods
|MN e-Health Brief: A Summary of e-Health Indicators|
|Chiropractic Offices: e-Health Summaries|
|Clinical Labs: e-Health Summaries|
|Clinics: e-Health Summaries|
|Hospitals: e-Health Summaries|
|Local Public Health: e-Health Summaries|
|Nursing Homes: e-Health Summaries|
|Pharmacies and e-Prescribing: e-Health Summaries|
The Minnesota e-Health Profile is a method to uniformly collect and routinely share the results of MN’s e-health assessment activities statewide and based upon multiple sets of assessment information. The assessment information is used to:
- MEASURE Minnesota's status on achieving state and national goals to accelerate adoption and use of electronic health records and other HIT to achieve interoperability of health information.
- IDENTIFY gaps and barriers to enable effective strategies and efficient use of resources.
- Help DEVELOP programs and INFORM decisions at the local, state and federal levels of government.
- SUPPORT community collaboration efforts.
Minnesota’s approach to e-health assessment is a collaborative effort of multiple organizations, assessing multiple domains, which include both health settings and professions, from across the continuum of care. The findings from the statewide assessment are found in the Minnesota E-Health Profile.
The Minnesota E-Health Profile is comprised of three types of summaries:
- MN e-Health Briefs provide a summary of selected e-health indicators from multiple health care settings (domain) plus other topic areas including meaningful use incentives, workforce and training, and consumers.
- MN e-Health Factsheets provide a summary of a single domain (e.g., hospitals) with key indicators in adoption and use of EHRs and other HIT, health information exchange, and meaningful use.
- MN e-Health Reports provide a comprehensive summary of a single domain (e.g., hospitals) with more detail than the e-health factsheet.
Each summary of the MN e-health Profile can be viewed individually. The e-health factsheets and reports are organized by domain. Additional resources and archived materials are found on the Additional Assessment Resources page.
- MN e-Health Brief (PDF: 148KB/2pgs)
Last updated: June 2014
- MN Health Information Exchange Brief (PDF: 141KB/2pgs)
Last updated: June 2014
- MN e-Health Brief: Rural Providers (PDF: 103KB/3pgs)
Last updated: May 2013
- Factsheet: Chiropractic Offices (2011) (PDF: 110KB/2pgs)
- Report: Chiropractic Offices (2011) (PDF: 1.66MB/44pgs)
- Survey: Chiropractic Offices (2011) (PDF: 196KB/18pgs)
- Factsheet: Clinical Labs (2011) (PDF: 138KB/2pgs)
- Report: Clinical Labs (2011) (PDF: 717KB/31pgs)
- Survey: Clinical Labs (2011) (PDF: 260KB/19pgs)
These summaries include information collected in the 2013 Minnesota Health Information Technology Ambulatory Clinic Survey. The 1283 ambulatory clinics that completed the survey provide information on EHR adoption and use, health information exchange and meaningful use. Last updated: August 2013
- Factsheet: Clinics (2013) (PDF: 58KB/2pgs)
- Report: Clinics (2013) (PDF: 581KB/26pgs)
- Survey: Clinics (2013) (PDF: 607KB/23pgs)
These summaries include information collected from the American Hospital Association Survey, Information Technology Supplement with supplemental questions developed by MDH. The 140 Minnesota hospitals that completed the survey provided information on EHR adoption, implementation, meaningful use functionalities, and secure exchange of health information. Last updated: April 2014
These summaries include information collected in the Local Public Health Informatics Survey. The 50 Community Health Boards that completed the survey provide information on status and challenges to adoption of EHRs and health information exchange. Last updated: May 2014
- Factsheet: Local Public Health (2013) (PDF: 134KB/2pgs)
- Report: Local Public Health (2013) (PDF: 334KB/12pgs)
- Survey: Local Public Health (2013) (PDF: 46KB/5pgs)
- Factsheet: Nursing Homes (2011) (PDF: 112KB/2pgs)
- Report: Nursing Homes (2011) (PDF: 519KB/31pgs)
- Survey: Nursing Homes (2011) (PDF: 186KB/11pgs)
This factsheet summarizes information from pharmacies and prescribers on their e-prescribing activity. Data are from the Office of the National Coordinator, Surescripts, and the clinic and hospital surveys of the Minnesota e-Health Profile. Last updated: October 2013
For more information about e-health assessment and evaluation in Minnesota, contact Karen Soderberg, MPH, at email@example.com or 651-201-3576.