Minnesota Coordinated Responses
The Minnesota E-Health Initiative provides feedback on state and federal definitions, criteria and/or proposed regulations relating to e-health. The feedback is provided in the form of a public coordinated response in which members of the e-health initiative, workgroups and the public participate. Below are examples of these coordinated responses.
The Minnesota e-Health Initiative is compiling feedback from Minnesota stakeholders for a coordinated response on the request for comments on two guidance documents issued by the Office of the National Coordination for Health Information Technology (ONC)
Connecting Health and Care for the Nation: A Shared Nationwide Interoperability Roadmap Draft Version 1.0
- Supports the vision that the ONC outlined in Connecting Health and Care for the National: A 10 Year Vision to Achieve An Interoperability HIT Infrastructure.
- Proposes critical actions for stakeholders that will advance the national towards interoperable HIT ecosystem, advance research and achieve a learning health system.
- The 2015 Advisory is designed to prompt focused industry dialogue on areas where disagreement exists regarding the best available standards as well as greater certainty and clarity on areas where widespread consensus exists.
Conference Call Feedback
Stakeholders can provide feedback during three conference calls scheduled for (all Central time):
- Friday, March 6, 2015, 12noon – 1:30pm (Interoperability Roadmap)
- Monday, March 23, 2015, 1:30-3:00pm (1/2 Interoperability; 1/2 Standards Advisory)
- Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:30-12noon (Standards Advisory)
Dial-in #: 1-888-742-5095
Access Code: 4477200226
Please use these Word documents to capture your comments:
Interoperability Roadmap feedback (Word 106KB/4 pages) feedback due to MDH by March 25, 2015
Standards Advisory feedback (Word 102KB/4 pages) feedback due to MDH by April 22, 2015
Minnesota Response to Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission (EHNAC) Criteria (PDF 142KB/14 pages)
The Minnesota e-Health Initiative coordinated response to EHNAC Criteria for Health Information Exchange Accreditation Program (HIEAP).
- MN e-Health Response to Stage 2 Certification Standards (PDF 998 KB/37 pages) (2012)
- MN e-Health Response to Stage 2 Meaningful Use Criteria (PDF 283 KB/31 pages) (2012)
Stages 2 and 3 Preliminary Objectives
e-Health Initiative Final Response to Preliminary Meaningful Use Objectives for Stages 2 and 3 (PDF 128 KB/20 pages) (2011)
- Minnesota e-Health Initiative Collaborative Response on Meaningful Use NPRM (PDF 176KB/12 pages)
- Minnesota e-Health Initiative Collaborative Response on Proposed Establishment of HIT Certification Programs (PDF 175KB/9 pages)
- Minnesota e-Health Initiative Comments and Recommendations on the Proposed Definition of Meaningful Use (PDF 123KB/ 6 pages)
Coordinated Response: HHS Interim Final Rule - HIPAA Enforcement (PDF 76Kb/7 pages)
Response to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) interim final rule for civil money penalties for established violations of HIPAA’s Administrative Simplification rules.
Coordinated Response: HITECH Breach Notification (PDF 123Kb/5 pages)
Response to HHS proposed rule for technologies and methodologies that render protected health information unusable, unreadable or indecipherable to unauthorized individuals.
Coordinated Response: Health Breach Notification Rulemaking (PDF123Kb/5 pages)
Response to FTC proposed rules requiring vendors of personal health records and related entities to notify individuals when the security of their individually identifiable health information is breached.
MN e-Health Initiative Response to NQF eMeasures (PDF 59KB/4 pages)
The Health Economics Program (HEP) at the Minnesota Department of Health also provided a response.
HEP response to NQF eMeasures (PDF 41KB/2 pages)
Minnesota Response to EHR Temporary Certification Program for Stage 1 Meaningful Use (PDF 175KB/5 pages)
2010: Minnesota e-Health Initiative Collaborative Response on Proposed Establishment of Certification Programs for HIT (PDF 174KB/9 pages)
2010: Minnesota e-Health Initiative Collaborative Response on Standards Interim Final Rule (PDF 159KB/10 pages)
2009: Minnesota Response to National HIT Standards Recommendations (PDF 116KB/5 pages)
The Minnesota e-Health Initiative coordinated response to ONC on recommendations related to implementation of standards.
Archive Resource 2007-2008 Standards Workgroup Coordinated Responses to CCHIT 2008 Certification Criteria