Achieving the Minnesota e-Health Initiative vision of encouraging and supporting the adoption and effective use of interoperable electronic health requires financial resources that may not be available to some providers.
MDH Funding Opportunities
Minnesota Accountable Health Model / SIM Minnesota FundingThe Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) requests proposals for the Privacy, Security and Consent Management for Electronic Health Information Exchange Grant Program. The goal of this grant program is to support health care professionals, hospitals and health-related settings in using e-health to improve health, increase patient satisfaction, reduce health care costs, and improve access to the information necessary for individuals and communities to make the best possible health decisions. This funding will further support readiness to advance the Minnesota Accountable Health Model and Accountable Communities for Health.
Up to $500,000 will be available for up to two 18-month grants for two distinct parts:
- Part A: Review of e-Health Legal Issues, Analysis and Identification of Leading Practice
(up to $200,000 for 18 month grant period)
- Part B: e-Health Privacy, Security and Consent Management Technical Assistance and Education (up to $300,000 for 18 month grant period)
- An optional Informational Call will be held on Monday, October 20, 2014, from 10:00 a.m. –12:00 p.m. Central Time.
Proposals are due December 5, 2014, by 4:00 p.m. Central Time. Visit the Minnesota Accountable Health Model RFPs webpage for more information or contact Lisa Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other MDH FundingOffice of Rural Health & Primary Care - Grants & Loans
Information about all grants and loans available through the Office of Rural Health & Primary Care (ORHPC)
- ORHPC EHR loan program, a revolving account that opens annually
Minnesota Department of Health Funding
Information about all grants and loans available through the Minnesota Department of Health
National Funding Opportunities
Funding Resources & Opportunities:
- Meaningful Use: Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentives Program
Information about the federal meaningful use incentives programs
USDA Health Information Technology Funding (PDF 158KB/ 1pg)
- USDA Rural Utilities Services Distance Learning and Telemedicine
Free email subscription with option to receive announcements from specific federal funding agencies
- The Foundation Center
The Foundation Center's online directory - subscription based; information on Web site
- Funds Net Services
Free online database for research grants and more
Subscription-based service that delivers RFP announcements to your email
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Health Research and Services Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Library of Medicine
- Office of the National Coordinator
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
To view the PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader (free download from Adobe's website).