Achieving the Minnesota e-Health Initiative vision of encouraging and supporting the adoption and effective use of interoperable electronic health requires financial resources that may not be available to some providers.
MDH Funding Opportunities
Minnesota e-Health Funding
The grants are intended to support readiness to advance the Minnesota Accountable Health Model.
Eligible applicants are Community Collaboratives that have at least two or more organizations participating in an accountable care organization (ACO) or similar health care delivery model; or payment arrangements involving shared risk, shared savings or total cost of care. Community Collaboratives must include a partner organization from at least two of the four priority settings of the Minnesota Accountable Health Model/SIM grant: local public health departments, long-term and post-acute care, behavioral health and social services.
In 2015, up to $2 million is available for the following:
- Implementation Grants- 12-18 month projects, up to $500,000 per grant
An optional informational call will be held on Thursday April 16, 2015, from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Central Time.
Call-in number: 1-888-742-5095
Non-binding Letters of Intent to Respond are due on Thursday, April 23, 2015, and proposals are due Monday, May 18, 2015.
Contact Anne Schloegel (email@example.com) with any questions about this funding opportunity.
Other MDH Funding
Office of Rural Health & Primary Care - Grants & Loans
Information about all grants and loans available through the Office of Rural Health & Primary Care (ORHPC)
- *New* ORHPC EHR loan program, a revolving account that opens annually is now open for 2015
Minnesota Department of Health Funding
Information about all grants and loans available through the Minnesota Department of Health
National Funding Opportunities
Funding Resources & Opportunities:
- Meaningful Use: Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentives Program
Information about the federal meaningful use incentives programs
USDA Health Information Technology Funding (PDF 158KB/ 1pg)
- USDA Rural Utilities Services Distance Learning and Telemedicine
Free email subscription with option to receive announcements from specific federal funding agencies
- The Foundation Center
The Foundation Center's online directory - subscription based; information on Web site
- Funds Net Services
Free online database for research grants and more
Subscription-based service that delivers RFP announcements to your email
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Health Research and Services Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Library of Medicine
- Office of the National Coordinator
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
To view the PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader (free download from Adobe's website).