Office of Health Information Technology
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Office of Health Information Technology (OHIT) was established in September, 2009, and incorporated the activities of the Center for Health Informatics, est. 2004. OHIT is responsible for:
- Executing the responsibilities assigned to MDH under M.S. § 62J.495 - .497.
- Planning and implementation of the State Health Information Exchange Cooperative Agreement/3013 Program, Minnesota’s project under Section 3013 of the HITECH Act, to facilitate the development of a Minnesota strategic and operational plan for health information exchange (HIE) to expand the secure, electronic movement and use of health information among organizations.
- Ensuring collaboration and coordination across state government to maximize federal and state investments in health information technology and infrastructure development, including coordination among the Department of Health, the Department of Human Services, the Department Of Corrections, and the Department of Administration.
- Ensuring coordination with other relevant federally-funded programs which include but are not limited to Regional Extension Centers, workforce development initiatives, and broadband mapping and access.
- Administering Minnesota's requirements for the standard, electronic exchange of health care administrative transactions pursuant to M.S. § 62J.536.
Fact Sheets, Guides and Tools