Minnesota e-Health Initiative
- Advise on updates to the Initiative’s “A Practical Guide to Electronic Prescribing” to provide appropriate guidance and actions for health care providers, prescribers, dispensers, payers and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) to support adoption and effective use of electronic prescribing.
- Key tasks include, but are not limited to, updating factual content, identifying challenges and recommending practical solutions to these challenges, advising on and promoting best practices.
- Review and recommend Minnesota e-health / HIT framework needs for achieving Minnesota’s 2015 mandate and the goals of payment and delivery health reform, including use of repositories for storing, capturing, and exchanging necessary clinical information.
- Review and recommend implementation of health information exchange requirements necessary to achieving one or more of the transactions necessary for achieving Minnesota’s 2015 mandate and emerging care and payment reform models.
- Recommend resources and actions that will help increase implementation of health information exchange statewide.
- Meet jointly with the Minnesota e-Health Standards and Interoperability Workgroup as needed.
- Review and comment on privacy and security-related policies and guidance, and make recommendations on policies and practices that support compliance with state and federal requirements (including meaningful use) related to electronic health records (EHRs) and health information exchange
- Recommend to providers and health care stakeholders activities that support the implementation of sound privacy and security practices for health information
- Ensure that the needs of consumers, providers, and health care stakeholders are fully considered in the development of educational resources and tools
- Review and recommend nationally recognized standards, interoperability requirements, implementation specifications and certification criteria necessary to:
- Facilitate and expand the secure electronic movement and use of health information among organizations in Minnesota for achieving Minnesota’s 2015 mandate; and
- Address transactions necessary for emerging care and payment reform models.
To request historical information from past workgroups, please contact the Minnesota e-Health Initiative at MN.eHealth@state.mn.us.