Minnesota e-Health Initiative
The purpose of this workgroup is to advance comprehensive implementation of e-prescribing standard transactions and procedures by Minnesota’s stakeholders. The work will address two key issues:
- Increasing adoption of electronic prescribing of controlled substance by Minnesota’s prescribers.
- Document and describe barriers to full implementation of the NCPDP SCRIPT standard and e-prescribing processes, and convene stakeholders (prescribers, dispensers, and payers/pharmacy benefit managers) to develop consensus on implementation.
The Health Information Exchange (HIE) workgroup is on break for 2018-2019 while the Minnesota e-Health HIE Task Force is completing its work.
The HIE workgroup members are invited to attend task force meetings and provide public input. In addition, the HIE workgroup membership may be consulted for review and input, as needed, on HIE-related activities including, but not limited to: HIE Task Force Implementation planning, federal activities including CMS 90/10 work, Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement (TEFCA), and Minnesota HIE Oversight.
- Provide feedback on privacy and legal components of Minnesota HIE Study
- Recommend to providers and health care stakeholders activities that support the implementation of sound privacy and security practices for health information
- Ensure that the needs of consumers, providers, and health care stakeholders are fully considered in the development of educational resources and tools
To request historical information from past workgroups, please contact the Minnesota e-Health Initiative at MN.eHealth@state.mn.us.