Emerging Leaders Network (2003-2010)
The Emerging Leaders Network, or ELN, existed from 2003 to 2010 to
- Increase the diversity among Minnesota's public health leaders
- Build leadership networks across public, private and nonprofit sectors that advance the public's health
- Enhance leadership skills and build confidence of potential public health leaders
- Emerging Leaders Network: Final Report (2003-2011) (PDF)
- ELN Cohorts: 2003-2010 (PDF)
- Collaborative Council Membership (PDF)
- Testimonials and Evaluation Results (PDF)
Many individuals and organizations played key roles in the development and success of the Emerging Leaders Network of Minnesota.
Key partner organizations include:
- Local Public Health Association
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Public Health Association
- University of Minnesota School of Public Health
We gratefully acknowledge UCare's support of the 2008-2009 and 2010 ELN programs. UCare is an independent, nonprofit health plan providing health care and administrative services to more than 145,000 members. UCare partners with health care providers, counties, and community organizations to create and deliver innovative health coverage plans for individuals and families enrolled in income-based Minnesota Health Care Programs; adults with disabilities; Medicare beneficiaries with chronic health conditions; Minnesotans dually eligible for Medical Assistance and Medicare; and Medicare-eligible individuals throughout Minnesota and in western Wisconsin.
We gratefully acknowledge the Medica Foundation for its support of the 2010 ELN program. The Medica Foundation is a sister organization to Medica Health Plan, a Minnesota-based, non-profit HMO. The Medica Foundation's mission is to fund community-based initiatives and programs that support the needs of Medica's customers and the greater community by improving their health and removing barriers to health care services.
In addition, we would like to give special recognition to the Robert Wood Johnson National Turning Point Program and the Turning Point National Excellence Collaborative on Leadership Development for providing financial and in-kind support of the pilot phase of the Emerging Leaders Network.