- Learn what you can do to keep bacteria from spreading throughout the kitchen onto hands, cutting boards, utensils, counter tops and food.
- Tips for cooking, chilling, and defrosting foods to help prevent foodborne illness.
- Tips for storing and preserving food properly to prevent foodborne illness.
- Tips for preparing food for groups, bringing leftovers home, cooking when traveling, and packing lunches.
- Information for handling specific foods like eggs, turkey, hamburger, fish, and fruits and vegetables.
- Did you know that a national disaster or the loss of power could jeopardize the safety of your food?
- Foodborne illness is caused by consuming food or beverages that are contaminated by disease-causing microbes or pathogens. Find out which diseases are spread via food, and what you can do about them.
- Food safety in restaurants, cafes, and other food and beverage establishments. Including food manager certification, food and beverage establishment licensing, regulations and food code, and more about keeping food safe in food business.
- A food recall is a voluntary action by a manufacturer or distributor to protect the public from products that may cause health problems or possible death.
- Resources for teaching food safety to kids, including curricula and tool kits.
- Fact sheets, brochures, signs, and other materials that you can print and use.
Turkey: Safe Thawing and Cooking
Food safety tips for handling, thawing, roasting, storing, and reheating turkey.
Cooking for Groups
Consumer information about preparing and serving food for large groups. Information to help volunteers prepare and serve food safely for large groups such as family reunions, church dinners, and community gatherings.
Make Handwashing a Healthy Habit
Thorough hand washing can help prevent disease.