Health Care Homes (aka Medical Homes) - Background
Minnesota's health care homes, also known nationally as medical homes, are an important component of Minnesota's comprehensive, nation-leading 2008 health reform law. The goal of health care homes is to transform primary care; patients and families are at the center of their care, and the right care is provided at the right time, in the right place.
The health care homes initiative is a joint effort between the Minnesota Department of Health and the Minnesota Department of Human Services. Both agencies have worked extensively with public and private organizations since 2008 to launch health care homes in Minnesota.
- Annual reports to the Legislature on health care homes
- Safety Net Primary Care Transformation Grant: Final Report (PDF:424KB/36 pgs)
- Initial capacity assessment of clinic and consumer readiness for health care homes
- Adopted rule detailing standards for certification as a health care home
- Consumer/family council
- Health care home documents
- General information about health care homes