Health Care Homes
Certification & Recertification
Certification Step 6 Assessment
The certification assessment is the online documentation used to verify that an applicant meets the Health Care Homes standards and criteria. Submission of a complete online application form, certification assessment and supporting verification documents are required.
Here is the updated Certification Assessment Tool (PDF) for planning purposes. The requirements and standards remain the same, but the updated tool provides easier to understand language and formatting. Clinics may choose to print this on legal-size paper to allow room for notes.
- Log in to the HCH portal
- Complete the certification assessment tool and each identified ODD numbered subparts and attach supporting verification documents as appropriate.
- There are 10 required documents at initial certification:
Subparts: .0030 1A, 1B;
Subparts: .0040 1A & 1B, 3A, 5B, 5D, 7A, 9A, 9B
- In addition, for Subpart 5A: the HCH self-audit tool should be completed (including the evaluation on the last page), or clinics may submit similar audit results using their own audit tool.
- Submit online certification assessment through the Portal.
- MDH will respond to application submission within one to two weeks in order to provide instructions and to schedule the site visit.